Treat someone you love to these wonderful body oils and bath salts this holiday season.
Lavender Body Oil
Makes three 4-ounce bottles
4 cups jojoba seed or avocado seed oil
1 pound dried herbs, flowers, or leaves, such as yarrow flowers, plantain leaves, or dandelion leaves
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon organic essential oil of lavender flowers, clary sage flowers, rosemary stems, or grapefruit peel
Lavender Body Oil How-To
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
2. Place base oil and herbs in a 6-cup casserole dish with a lid; stir until herbs are submerged. Cover and transfer casserole to oven for 4 to 8 hours, stirring every hour to ensure that herbs do not burn.
3. Set a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth over a large heatproof glass measuring cup. Strain herb mixture into measuring cup, squeezing cheesecloth to remove liquid; discard solids.
4. Clean casserole dish and dry completely. Pour strained liquid into casserole dish and stir in essential oil. Cover and let stand 24 hours. If fragrance is not strong enough, add another teaspoon of essential oil; let stand, covered, 8 hours more.
5. Using a funnel, divide liquid evenly between three 4-ounce bottles and cover.