Prep: 10 minutes
Chill: 4 to 24 hours
- 3 cups water
- 1 navel orange, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 orange-flavored or black tea bags (decaffeinated, if you like)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 orange wedges or chunks
- 6 lime wedges or chunks
- 6 6-inch wooden skewers
- Ice cubes
Directions1. In a medium saucepan, combine water, orange slices, cinnamon and cloves. Bring just to boiling; remove from heat. Add tea bags. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags; discard. Strain tea mixture through a fine mesh strainer; discard orange slices and spices.
2. In a glass pitcher, combine strained tea mixture, orange juice, pomegranate juice and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. To serve: Place 2 orange wedges and 1 lime wedge onto each skewer. Serve tea in glasses filled with ice cubes. Add fruit skewers to each glass.